"I found my smattering of German very useful here; indeed, I don't know how I should be able to get on without it." -Bram Stoker, Dracula.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Muffins and Cereal

In London we found a grocery store in Covent Garden. Using the grocery store was way cheaper than going to restaurants for every meal. Because of that, and the fact that we had no fridge, I became obsessed with muffins. Muffins were cheaper, and filled me up more, than granola bars so it seemed logical at the time to buy tons of muffins. I was so obsessed that we would go out to restaurants and instead of buying something I would just bring my muffins and eat them while everyone else ate their pizza or whatever. After a week of carrying around muffins I thought I was doomed to be "the muffin girl" for the rest of the trip. This, however, changed suddenly when we arrived in Berlin. Muffins were scarce so I latched on to another highly portable food substance---cereal. From then on, it was a common occurance to see me with a box of Shreddies---like chex, but chocolaty--- or Clusters---similar to cornflakes, but covered in chocolate. Maybe people will remember me as "that one girl with the cereal"...

No comments:

Post a Comment