"I found my smattering of German very useful here; indeed, I don't know how I should be able to get on without it." -Bram Stoker, Dracula.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Tübingen Week 2 & 3

     During my second week in Tübingen we went to the Bodensee with our German class. We left at 6:40am. We ate breakfast at "Der Hohentweil". The ruins of the castle there is the largest in all of Germany. For breakfast we had rolls, fruit, jogurt etc. I didn't put jam on my roll because there were so many wasps flying around. We then drove to the city of Konstance. We walked around for a bit before it got really hot. We then put our feet in the 'Bodensee' (Lake Constance).

Camille in the 'Bodensee'

Tiffany, Yu, Romy, Amelia, and I
     We took a boat ride across the lake to Friedrichshafen, which is the second largest city on the lake. It took about two hours to get from one side of the lake to the other. Once we reached the other side we loaded back on the bus and headed to Weingarten. We got to listen to a short organ concert in a Basilica. It was so cool because the building was in the baroque style and we were listening to music from the same period. After the concert we drove to Berggasthof Höchsten where we ate dinner. The food was really good, but my favorite was the cucumber salad. It was just like you make Liz!! It made me so happy!

     The next day our group wen to Heidelberg for two days. We saw Schloss Heidelberg. It is super old. We also walked around the city and passed a few churches.

Me with Schloss Heidelberg in the distance
     Back in Tübingen a group of us went boating on the Neckar River. It was fun except for when some of the people in the boat thought it would be funny to rock it. I did not think it was funny and thought I might fall out.

Cassie and I boating on the Neckar River

     I bought "Harry Potter und der Stein der Weisen". (That's the first Harry Potter book.) It is so fun to read!

     I also went to Ölbronn. For details see my post---Ölbronn!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment